Don’t Sit on the Bench!
Get the most from your AMA membership by getting involved with your organization and serving on a committee. It’s unquestionably best way to make new professional contacts and expand your business network. Whether you’re interested in pitching in on a specific committee or aren’t sure what you’d like to do, contact a the committee chair as detailed below to find out how you can get involved.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Volunteer Opportunities:
Manager of Sponsorship Fulfillment/Retention
(8 – 10 hours per month)
Job Description: The Manager of Sponsorship Fulfillment ensures the delivery of promised sponsorship benefits as outlined by sponsorship contract. Seamless delivery is key to the retention of sponsors over time.
- Make sure all sponsors are aware of their benefits and reminded of their benefits.
- Includes reminding them of upcoming events and activities that they will be involved with (are a sponsor for) as well as inviting them to upcoming events.
- Make sure all annual sponsor logos are positioned where they are supposed to be in respect to the sponsors’ level of donation.
- Track the statistics of the events and share with sponsors.
- Send out thank you notes to each sponsor throughout the program year.
- Assist search for new annual sponsorship needs.
Qualities of a good Manager of Sponsorship Fulfillment volunteer
- Sales and marketing background (helpful but not required).
- Highly organized.
- Can be an entry-level position into AMA Leadership team for highly motivated person.
Event Sponsor Coordinator
The sponsorship committee needs help identifying and securing sponsors for specific events such as the half-day summits and “hot-topic” luncheons. This volunteer would have the opportunity to network with many companies in the Pittsburgh area and help them gain exposure through the chapter.
Programming Agenda Volunteer
This position is a perfect fit for a creative thinker who has knowledge of today’s marketing trends and a growing network of professional colleagues. It involves finding engaging speakers and topics that are relevant to today’s marketing challenges. The volunteer will work directly with the VP of Programming and programming committee. It also involves scheduling and event planning, along with the support of the committee.
New Member Recruitment
Employ your Marketing skills to drive new member recruitment efforts for the Pittsburgh chapter.
Customer Service Manager
Build interest among members with approaching renewal dates to encourage renewal of AMA membership. Network one-to-one with members and discover what AMA membership means to them and how the Chapter can address their needs more effectively.
Membership Survey Director
If technology is your thing, help us find out what our chapter is doing well for our membership and what it can improve by creating and implementing member surveys.
New Member Ambassador
All you event planners out there, we need your help to plan, coordinate and execute quarterly events for our new members, providing information and welcoming them to the AMA.