AMA Pittsburgh //
Expand Your Networking Circle.
Grow Your Career.
Looking for a professional marketing event in Pittsburgh? Find a variety of programs that highlight the innovation, talent and opportunities around the industry.
Big Brands In Your Backyard
A look behind big local brands
From tech startups to innovative corporations and nonprofits, there are a big number of influential brands right here in our own backyard. Join us or become a partner for an exciting event series that takes you behind the scenes to with an expert panel to show you how some of Pittsburgh’s biggest brands operate and thrive.
Big Brands in Your Backyard explores the major companies as well as the hidden gems that help our area thrive.
Recognizing achievements in marketing
AMA’s Marquee Awards are Western PA’s premier RESULTS-BASED marketing competition. And a portion of every entry fee enables AMA to bring vital networking and information-sharing events.
Intensive, hands-on, skill-building workshops
Join us for these workshop sessions to level up your skill set and sharpen your marketing knowledge.
Internships for Marketing Educators
The Visiting Professor Program (VPP) was designed as a type of “internship” for professors. The goals are to create a bridge between college and the many marketing professions and professionals in the tri-state region. The program also develops and strengthens relationships with a broad base of marketing professionals—including professors—in the tri-state region. These relationships can help attract and retain students interested in marketing and advertising in the tri-state region. Recruitment is held each year in spring and companies and professors work together on mutually agreeable projects and two- to three-day timeframe during summer—usually the month of July.
For more information about the program or to be added to the list for the 2022 VPP, please email Nan Nicholls.
Marketing or Agency Organizations
- Share ideas and obtain feedback from a neutral academic professional to gain new/different perspectives your teams, operations, projects, and programs.
- See your world and your team through someone else’s eyes.
- Offer a relevant training workshop or timely research presentation to employees.
- Foster a sense of belonging and support our local academic and marketing community.
- Provide input that professors can use to build a strong student pipeline of potential interns and employees.
- Gain on-the-ground experience, best practices, and ideas to bring back to the classroom.
- Infuse teaching with real-world cases and connect the curriculum to industry needs.
- Enhance and develop networking opportunities with practicing marketing professionals through one on one interactions
- Reconnect with industry and see what marketers are doing…differently.
- Observe organizational dynamics, work environments, and processes.
- Identify potential research collaborations.
Make a robust connection
Come grab a cup of java with fellow marketing pros for Coffee Connections, hosted by the Pittsburgh AMA.
Monthly Happy Hours
Come on get happy
AMA Pittsburgh hosts happy hours throughout our area on the second Tuesday of every month! Come and chat with other marketing professionals and make a few valuable connections. Also enjoy the complimentary appetizers and drink specials.
AMA Pittsburgh is dedicated to our community, so that’s why we partner with local charities for special happy hours once a quarter. Past partnerships include United Way of Southwestern PA, Light of Life Rescue Mission and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh.
Ready to Join the Chapter? Want to learn more?
For more information on membership, please contact us at email@example.com.