Website Carnegie Mellon University
The Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) is Carnegie Mellon University’s centralized career services center providing a comprehensive range of services, programs and materials focusing on career exploration and decision-making, professional development, experiential learning and employment assistance to meet today’s evolving and growing workplace and student goals of finding satisfying work.
The Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) is searching for an Assistant Director/Career Consultant to work with students in the Schools of Architecture, Art, and Design. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by providing essential support to highly creative students and alumni on career exploration, professional development, internship and job search preparation, and post-graduation career planning needs. The incumbent will also work with the Employer Development team to develop and implement a comprehensive employer outreach plan that engages recruiters from various sectors and industries. Additionally, the incumbent will undertake individual or committee projects in order to accomplish specialized goals as determined by the administration.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Lead individualized career strategy appointments and group programs for students, through in-person, virtual and online resources
- Pilot innovative approaches for building partnerships and engaging employers, and leverage employer connections within the alumni community
- Develop compelling presentations for assigned departments, drawing upon alumni and other industry leaders to provide panels and guest lectures
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of a yearly Creative Arts Career Fair and associated employer events
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a team member; to think creatively and to evaluate and improve existing process and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Career and Professional Development Center. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Knowledge of trends in college-to-career-transition and career education standard methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong relationship-building skills with a variety of partner groups, and the ability to develop strategic partnerships
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Master’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in career counseling/services, talent acquisition, experiential education and/or related field required
- Or a combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge is demonstrated
- Successful background check
Work Posture: This position is operating on a hybrid schedule, with an on-campus/in office presence that fluctuates based on the academic calendar
Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:30-5:00pm. An alternate work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours will be required on occasion.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.