Vice President of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion – Board Member
American Marketing Association – Pittsburgh (AMA PGH) is seeking a dynamic leader to develop, oversee and implement a comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion (EDI) plan that aligns with the organization’s strategic objectives and goal for inclusivity and accessibility.
The VP of EDI will develop, implement and monitor programs and activities that promote EDI within AMA. Responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open, accessible, and inclusive environment.
About the Position
- This is a voluntary board member position with board terms lasting a minimum of 1-year and are renewable.
- You do not have to be a marketer to participate. All are welcome in AMA PIttsburgh.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Translate strategies into tactical plans with clear actions, accountability, and goals to promote equitable EDI practices.
- Collaborate with the AMA board, membership, and industry leaders on sourcing, hiring, and retaining diverse candidates by connecting with professional organizations and leveraging social media and community connections.
- Develop programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce.
- Consults to improve our organization’s environment; ensuring we foster a culture that is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks, that proactively leverages multiple dimensions of diversity.
- Build pro-active relationships within the organization and within the community with cross-functional subject matter experts to ensure alignment and focus on diversity and inclusion in all practices. Partner with the senior leadership team to integrate EDI into core decisions through the organization.
- Research and develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives implemented and prepare quarterly reports to senior management on the value of the initiatives. Develops, improves, and oversees EDI metrics and dashboards. Tracks & analyzes key metrics and partners with leaders to drive improvement.
- Keeps current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups and professional development efforts).
- Stays current on emerging issues and trends in EDI work and makes recommendations as there are opportunities.
- Oversee external partnerships, memberships, and networking relationships. Responsible for outreach relationships with diversity-related organizations. Supports development team’s affinity groups by partnering with team members to develop strategies to support their work.
- Builds and grows relationships with national, local, and specialized D&I organizations and professional development organizations, as is relevant to the fulfillment of the organization’s strategic action plan and goals.
Please contact RJ Thompson, President-Elect, American Marketing Association – Pittsburgh at email@example.com.