AMA Pittsburgh assists students in gaining valuable skills and developing professional contacts to ease the transition between college life and professional life. AMA Pittsburgh is the foundation upon which you can build professional success.
Collegiate Member Benefits
Why Become a Collegiate Member of AMA?
Becoming a collegiate member offers students a variety of educational and networking opportunities that can help support you as you complete your education and move toward a professional career. Collegiate members are offered the following opportunities:
- Network with professional members and other marketing professionals who regularly attend AMA events. Our events usually attract between 50 and 125 marketing professionals.
- Placement of your resume in the AMA Pittsburgh Collegiate Resume Book, which is accessible by all AMA Pittsburgh members and their employers
- Opportunity to apply for AMA Pittsburgh Collegiate Scholarship, which is awarded to a junior AMA collegiate member.
- Attend AMA Pittsburgh Monthly Luncheon Programs featuring marketing leaders from regional businesses and corporations. Students are offered a special discount to most events.
- Participate in monthly Collegiate forum meetings where students from all local schools can discuss ideas, share successes and receive information on upcoming collegiate and professional events.
- Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to become a professional member of AMA Pittsburgh – at a significant discount. This Student Membership is only offered to graduating students who were collegiate members of AMA before graduation. Currently, the student membership is $50 – a significant discount from the professional membership cost. (Student Membership application)
- AMA student membership national dues are $29.00 for a one-year term. Local collegiate chapter dues are set and collected by the local collegiate chapter.
The following schools have collegiate chapters with the American Marketing Association. If you are interested in getting more information, joining a chapter or starting your own chapter, contact the VP of Collegiate Relations.
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Chatham University
- Duquesne University
- Grove City College
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Penn State – University Park
- Penn State – Erie
- Robert Morris University
- Seton Hill University
- Slippery Rock University
- University of Pittsburgh
- West Virginia University
2022 AMA PITTSBURGH COLLEGIATE MARKETING PLAN CASE COMPETITION
Register now for the 2022 American Marketing Association (AMA) Pittsburgh Collegiate Marketing Plan Case Competition!
Regional universities are invited to participate in this virtual case competition featuring a business to business marketing challenge with Butler Technologies, Inc. (BTI) that encompasses marketing, sales, and digital. This experiential learning initiative provides students with the opportunity to assess a challenge, develop innovative solutions, participate in live virtual Q&A sessions with BTI representatives, and build a marketing plan!
We are grateful to Butler Technologies, Inc. for sponsoring this exciting educational opportunity!
Up to two student teams from each university can participate. Submissions are due March 25, with the virtual competition on April 1. See the linked guidelines for rules and timing.